1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Affirmatively Provide. When you register for PeopleScout’s Services, or apply for employment through the PeopleScout website online, by email, by text message, by phone, or in person, you may be required to provide information including, but not limited to, your full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, and password, and employment details (collectively, along with other information that directly identifies you, “personal information”). In addition, we may ask you to provide your job related preferences, skills, hours of availability, certifications, transportation mode and interests and other information to set up your profile from which you can be identified. The information described above is information that you specifically provide. Other information that you specifically provide includes, but is not limited to, the content of emails, text messages, letters, phone calls, and comments you send, place, or post to PeopleScout or our employees, agents, affiliates, or representatives. At no time are you under any obligation to provide personal information to PeopleScout. Personal information is required however, in the event you would like to benefit from the Services offered by PeopleScout. We expect you to provide accurate information to the best of your ability. However, we do not seek to collect through our website any sensitive personal information such as information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership or that concerns a person’s health. Please do not submit any such information. Information Supplied By Others. We may get personal information and User Data about you from third parties. For example, other users of the website may provide us with personal information and User Data about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records. In addition, we may use this information and User Data to determine which employment opportunities may be a good match for you based on your skills, experience, or feedback from our customers or other third parties. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. Automatically Collected Information. In addition to your personal information described above, we may collect information automatically regarding your use of our website: www.peoplescout.com (“website”). This information includes but is not limited to, your IP address, login information, browser, operating system and platform, internet service provider, location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, the type of cellular phone you use, unique device identifiers, and cellular service provider (collectively, “analytics information”). We may also collect and use information and statistics that describe the demographics, usage and/or characteristics of our users as part of the analytics information. In general, we do not use this analytics information to directly identify users of our Services.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PeopleScout uses personal information it collects to provide our Services, including the management of our Website and related activities. We will use your personal information in the following ways: Information you give us: We will use this personal information to: take steps to provide the Services which will include: administering our account with you; provide you with information about our Services which we feel may interest you, if you have given your consent to receive marketing information from us, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests don’t override your right to object to such communications; ensure that the content on our Website is presented in the most efficient manner. Automatically Collected Information: we will use this information to: administer our Website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistics and survey purposes; keep out Website safe and secure; improve the Website; and allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
3. WHO WE GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO:
We may disclose personal information and analytics information:
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and it subsidiaries, who may support us in our data processing;
- to service providers and other third parties for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders;
- to our customers so that you may be considered for employment opportunities with them, see Applying Online below for more information;
- as authorized by you or consented to by your legal representative;
- to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, including voluntary disclosures;
- to law enforcement of any illegal activity or material we suspect or discover on, through, or otherwise relating to our services and provide law enforcement officials with all requested information about the user account from which the alleged or actual illegal activity or material originated;
- to companies that you work for, or that you are considered to work for;
- to provide you with the Services and to respond to your requests;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to exercise our rights or to assist third parties in defending their rights under applicable laws, including, without limitation, to assert, defend, and enforce our property rights and to respond to legal process;
- to communicate or market to you about the Services or to other products or services PeopleScout or its affiliates or subsidiaries offer or believe that you might be interested in;
- with your prior consent, to third parties for PeopleScout or third party advertising purposes;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
- business partners who may provide services to you and with whom we have entered into agreements, in relation to the processing of your personal information or
- for other reasons that are not prohibited by law.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, process, transmit, retain, license, share, sell and otherwise deal with all personal information and analytics information for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others.
5. APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT ONLINE
When you apply for employment through our Services, we may ask you to create a user profile. Your user profile will be used by PeopleScout to consider your qualifications for employment with PeopleScout or its customers. In addition, we will use your email address for the primary purpose of sending a confirmation that you have successfully completed your registration and to communicate with you about the employment application process. You may also consent to receive an email notification of future opportunities with PeopleScout by checking a preference box that appears when you create your user profile. If you change your mind and would like to stop receiving the emails, you may provide notice according to the instructions set forth below. For the purposes of using the Services, you will create a username and password. You are responsible for the security of your password and login information, and we recommend that you not divulge your password to anyone. By providing any information to PeopleScout, you agree to take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your username and password. It is each user’s responsibility to keep his or her information accurate, up-to-date and current at all times. If your information is not accurate, up-to-date and current, we may not be able to process your requests for information or contacts or provide Service to you effectively. To update or correct your personal information or other profile information, you may log into your account on the Website and follow the instructions.
6. OUR PROMOTIONAL UPDATES AND COMMUNICATIONS
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications about our Services and opportunities with PeopleScout and its customers. You can object to further marketing at any time by updating your contact details in your account or by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all out marketing and promotional communications to you, or by sending us an email to email@example.com
7. RIGHTS FOR EUROPEAN USERS
If you are a European User of the Services, under certain circumstances you have the right:
- to request a copy of all the personal information we hold out You;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us where we are the data controller;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing;
to request that the personal data you provide to us be moved to a third party. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. In some circumstances, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to our client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. You may sign-up to receive emails from us on some of our websites. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt out of certain other communications that we provide by following the instructing for opting out in those communications. You can exercise your rights listed above by sending an email to email@example.com. If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ).
9. INFORMATION PROTECTION CONSIDERATIONS
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. The internet and mobile phones are not secure media and no system can be considered 100% secure. We do not guarantee personal information or analytics information is protected and we accept no liability for loss or exposure of user information in the event of a breach. In the event a security breach should occur, we will endeavor to remedy the problem. By registering for our Services or by using the Website, you hereby affirmatively consent to receiving our notification regarding any breach or compromise, or suspected breach or compromise, of the security of your personal information, by email, telephone whether through voice or text messages, posting on our Website, or postal mail, as we deem appropriate, and as required by law. It is your responsibility to keep your username, password and other account access information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
10. RETENTION AND DELETION
PeopleScout reserves the right: to keep personal information and analytics information:
- for as long as it provides Services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements; and
- to dispose of it at PeopleScout’s discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
11. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. Where your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognized legal adequacy mechanism, and that it is treated securely in accordance with this Policy.
We may transfer your personal information to the following countries outside of the EEA:
Country Adequacy mechanism relied upon
United States EU Model Requirements
Our Services are only intended for use by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware or suspect that you are under the age of 18, any information you submit will be subject to our reasonable efforts to destroy such information, except as necessary for verifying your age or as required by law. No information should be submitted to PeopleScout by underage persons.
13. CHANGES IN POLICY
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions regarding this Policy. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org